Bankruptcy & Debt Relief
If you are facing serious debt problems, help is closer than you think. Many people get bogged down with the very real stress and pressure that come from serious debt problems. Blinded by this stress, people often spend months or even years paying off monthly debts with their credit cards or finding other ways to barely survive month after month.
Do not keep fighting the losing battle against debt on your own. If your debt is larger than your income every month, you need help. Our North Carolina bankruptcy attorneys are here to help you.
Bankruptcy is one of the best tools to help people who are struggling with insurmountable debt. At Wootton & Wootton, P.C., our lawyers have a wealth of experience helping North Carolina clients file for:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: Chapter 7 is sometimes referred to as a straight bankruptcy. Chapter 7 will help you get out of unsecured debts as well as secured debts that you wish to surrender. Chapter 7 is a quick way to get a fresh start. It usually takes most people about three to four months to get their fresh start after filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Though Chapter 7 is referred to as liquidation bankruptcy, most of our clients retain the majority of their assets. Chapter 7 bankruptcy offers a quick and simple process to get a start on rebuilding your credit. Chapter 7 is also used many times for small businesses that are closing.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: Chapter 13 bankruptcy is designed for individuals who want to consolidate their debt and set up a monthly payment plan. Chapter 13 bankruptcy can consolidate all your debt into one low monthly payment. Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help people catch up on house and car payments. Most of our Chapter 13 clients do not have to pay money back on their unsecured debts, which helps make the monthly payments affordable. Some of our Chapter 13 clients can structure payments as low as $100 per month for three years. Chapter 13 bankruptcy can last anywhere between three and five years, depending on the type of debts you are wishing to consolidate.
Why File Bankruptcy?
Are you wondering why you should file bankruptcy? Bankruptcy is an opportunity for a fresh financial start, which can:
Are You Eligible To File Bankruptcy?
If you are wondering whether you are eligible to file for bankruptcy, contact our attorneys. We will help you understand:
- The difference between unsecured and secured debts
- How to file bankruptcy
- How to get credit after bankruptcy
- The 10 facts you need to know about bankruptcy
- What you need to know if you are going through or considering a divorce
Contact A Durham Chapter 7 And 13 Attorney
Stop Repossession ∙ Stop Creditor Harassment ∙ Get A Fresh Financial Start
Do not delay. Even if you are not sure about bankruptcy, but you know you need to do something about your debt problems, you can discuss your bankruptcy options with an attorney from our firm without charge. Call 919-794-8660 or email us to learn more.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.